General Manager - Fabrication
- Take the lead role in all Fabrication and supporting island wide operational activities, ensuring that resources, manpower and skills are in place to deliver project requirements safely, on time, within budget and to the desired quality standard.
- To take Nigerdock to the next level of growth & development in fabrication and operations management for the broader Snake Island needs.
- Provide overall leadership to the fabrication and operations groups.
- Deliver excellence in all metrics including, HSE, quality, cost and schedule performance
- Development of strategies and plans for growth and operational enhancements together with the GM Projects
- Ensure that the Fabrication and operations organisations are competent and appropriately organised to meet the GM Project’s needs.
- Ensure that the Fabrication division maintains appropriate quality management processes, procedures and work methods, standing instructions etc. and always complies to ISO 9001 requirements.
- Ensure that the Fabrication division develops maintains and constantly improves its relationship with key third party sub-contractors and JV partners as required to deliver the service.
- Ensure that the fabrication engineering division runs as an integrated part of Nigerdock’s and SIFZE business and assure optinmised interfaces with Finance, HR, Security, etc
- Generate and implement training and development programs for Nigerian team members to continually improve the cost base and fabrication effectiveness.
- Lead the proposals technical preparations in areas of fabrication and operations and in so doing also defines and elaborates the scope of work split for external contracting and in-house execution for all phases of the work.
- Manages the Fabrication and Operations divisions budgets and manages their P&L accounts together with Finance GM.
- At least 20 years’ experience of oil and gas multi-discipline fabrication and construction projects execution.
- A minimum of at least 5 years in the position of the full operation of a large fabrication yard.
- Must have significant experience at a senior level within a medium sized company having delivered to Blue Chip clients or a blue chip organization with specific accountabilities in integrated fabrication yard operations and the associated financial and commercial management of the yard.
- Experience of International based assignments with demonstrable evidence of being able to mentor other nationals effectively and be committed to mentoring locals.
- Degree preferred but not essential
- Be able to demonstrate highest delivery standards in management of Quality Assurance and HSE.
- Demonstrable experience in:
- Project Construction Management
- Sub-contracting; initiation, auditing and execution control.
- Planning and coordination of fabrication yard business activities.
- Client interface management
- Business management and change management initiatives